CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Seahorse Skip counting cards

I have posted the Seahorse Counting Cards to go with the Seahorse game. The game boards cost 1.50 for 4 pre-made boards. The cards are free! Hope this helps with a quick math center to reinforce skip counting.

For skip counting, I also have students trace their hands holding up a 5 three times. The first 2 times are on the same color, I glue them together and that is our "10". The second one is on another color and that is the "5". Then i have students trace their hands in "2". That is the hard one but that way I have them for their "2" counting. I take their hands (some you can't always use!) and post them on the wall. That way they can always see their skip counting! I will take a picture when I make this year with the students! I got this idea from my wonderful mentor and fellow first grade teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME!

Work Smarter, NOT harder!